Tuesday, March 02, 2010

SHAPE

Recently I heard Chip Ingram talking about ways to get involved in ministry and use the talents God has given us. He called it our SHAPE. Puzzle pieces have all different shapes, but they fit together in a specific way to form a big picture and complete the puzzle. Figuring out our SHAPE is one good way to find out where we fit into the puzzle we call ministry. Of course, SHAPE is an acronym. It helps us to better understand how we can get involved in God's work.

S - Spritual gifts (Do I have the gift of counseling, benevolence, organization, etc.?)
H - Heart/Passion (Do I have a passionate heart to serve those whom I'm called to serve?)
A - Abilities (What am I able to do well?)
P - Personality (How can my personality be used to help people see Jesus?)
E - Experience (How can I put my spiritual gifts, heart, abilities, and personality to work and gain ministry experience?)
 So, what's your SHAPE?

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

No comments: