Sunday, January 10, 2010

SWEET PEA


In the most non-biased way I can possibly say it, we have the sweetest little girl on the planet! Gabby is such a compassionate, caring, understanding, generous soul and Steph & I are madly in love with her.

Since Steph and I have been married, each night at bedtime, the three of us pray together and then tell Gab "good night." For the past few months, Gabby has been the one praying, which is awesome. I have noticed how her prayers have progressed and matured. The insight she displays sometimes catches me off guard. Just last night, she prayed this:
"Lord, thank you for reminding us how much we're blessed. Even though times are tough right now, we still have a lot more than most people in other countries. We have food to eat and a home to live in and cars to get around in. Help us to give to others out of what you have given us."
We are so blessed to have our Little Darlin' in our lives. Our daily prayer for her is that she continue to grow in God's wisdom and understanding and that she will see through God's eyes. I think she is already starting to do all of that.

I just had to brag on my Sweet Pea!

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

2 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

So SWEET! And that picture is just beautiful. You ARE blessed, my friend!

Robin said...

I always knew parenthood would be great, but I had NOOOO idea just how incredible it would be. Now I'm starting to understand why God loves his kids so much!