Tuesday, January 12, 2010

RESPECT YO MAMA

The Biggest Loser was great tonight! Watching the way the mothers on the show cared for their kids reminded me how much I miss my Mama (today would've been her 66th birthday), but also how proud I am of my Mom (that's my step-mother, JoNell), Steph's mom (Cathy), and Steph. Mom gave birth to twelve kids, Cathy to six, and so far, Steph has given birth to one. I know for a fact that all of these mothers would sacrifice everything they could so their children could succeed in all of life's challenges. That's why I love them! And that's exactly what Patti did tonight.

Patti and her daughter, Stephanie (what a great name!) came up for elimination after having lost only seven pounds between them. Week 2 always seems to be the toughest, as I understand it. When they faced the rest of the cast to plead their case as to who should stay on the ranch and who should go home, I saw an incredible display of a mother's love for her child. Without any hesitation, Patti declared that she had a good support system at home and could lose the weight she needed to, but Stephanie didn't have that. She said Stephanie needed to stay on the ranch in order to save her life. For the first time that I can remember, the vote was unanimous. The grey team actually said, "We wouldn't disrespect our Mama, so we won't disrespect Patti's wishes, either." Out of respect for Patti and the apparent kindness she exhibited to all of the contestants, she was able to sacrifice her chance at $250,000 so her daughter could have a chance to live.
Love at its finest.

If you are able, take a moment to let your mom know how much you love and respect her.

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

No comments: