Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tater Faith and Whatever

No, it's not the latest Christian bluegrass duo to land on Nashville. I just thought it would be a fun title. And it has a point, believe it or not.

Steph and I watched Faith Like Potatoes night before last and it completely sparked something in us. If you haven't seen this 2006 movie yet, I highly recommend that you go rent it or buy it and watch it as soon as possible (I hope I don't get sued for this free advertisement!). Here are three reasons I fell in love with this film:


1. It's based on a true story. Can't go wrong there.
2. It's about people completely surrendering their lives to God and stepping out in faith to answer His call.
3. It's about God showing what He does when we are totally sold out for Him. Basically, it's God showing off!


Seeing this movie has kicked us into gear. We've been sitting on some major, life-changing decisions for a while, but now we have to choose. Will we take the comfortable route or take a risk that will alter our lives forever? I think God has shown us what we need to do.

Go check it out yesterday! (note: if you have a hard time understanding thick Scottish and/or South African dialects, you may want to turn on the subtitles)


Faith Like Potatoes reminded me of a song I've been hearing a lot on the radio and it kinda hits me in the gut every stinkin' time I hear it. It goes perfectly with this idea of having "tater faith" (as we southern folk would say it). It also fits perfectly with today, seeing how God has allowed me to be another year older. I still say it's just Tuesday! Enjoy today!!!

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
And all I can do is surrender

(Chorus)
Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something Heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything I surrender...
To...

(Chorus)

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to release all my held back tears

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something Heavenly

Whatever You're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This is something bigger than me
Larger than life something Heavenly
Something Heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out

Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly)
Sanctus Real
songwriters: Dan Gartley, Mark Graalman, Matt Hammitt, Peter Prevost, Chris Rohman


Peace, Love, and Chocolate Birthday Cake

1 comment:

Marketing Bloc said...

Dear “Faith Like Potatoes” supporter,

Affirm Films extends to you a sincere "Thank you” for your recent mention/coverage of our film!

Your interest and willingness to include information about the “Faith Like Potatoes” DVD in your blog/website truly helped us exceed all expectations in creating awareness and impacting far more people than we ever imagined. Thank YOU!

We would like to forward you a link to additional online tools, which we trust are helpful in adding content for your blog and your readers. Please email us at affirmfilms@gmail.com to receive this information.

Thanks again for your support and interest in Affirm Films projects!

Rich Peluso, Affirm Films/Sony Pictures