Sunday, April 04, 2010

I WANT (ANSWERS)

Everybody has dreams. Some folk don't share their dreams, some don't realize them, some don't even acknowledge them. Regardless, everyone dreams about something. Everyone wants something. For one it may be financial success, for another a happy home, for yet another a great adventure. Everyone wants something.

A while back, I posted this about what we want, but I never gave my answer for the proposed question. The time has come for me to answer my own question. (The question, for those of you who didn't read the other post, is this: What do you want?)

I want to love and serve my family the way they deserve to be loved and served.
I want to be a great example for my child(ren).
I want to be out of debt.
I want to sell our house in Tennessee.
I want to provide for my family.
I want to be financially stable.
I want to serve God without hesitation, reservation, or contemplation.
I want to go where ever He sends me and never question that decision.
I want to live regret-free.
I want to live excuse-free.
I want to not cringe when I hear my wife or my daughter start a statement with "I want..."
I want to have undeniable peace in my soul.
I want to wake up each morning, kiss my wife, hug my daughter, and thank God no matter what the day holds.
I want to be content.
I want to be free.
I want to go to heaven ... now!

The trip about this whole thing is that I can have everything I want and then some. As long as I seek the kingdom of God first, everything else will come along in its appointed time. So, I guess I should say that I want to worship God. Everything else is just details.

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow! I loved this Robin! What's amazing is you can have ALL you want and more. That's the cool part! Like you said....just details! :o)