Friday, November 06, 2009

My Book List

I have always enjoyed reading... except, of course, most of my textbooks when I was in school. Fortunately, I have had the opportunity to get back to reading on a regular basis, so I have become zealous for the written word again.

I've got an interesting (at least, interesting to me) list of books that I am currently reading and planning on reading in the near future.

I am currently reading Wild At Heart by John Eldredge. I read it back in '05 or '06, so I'm re-reading it now and learning a lot about myself and how my life has changed since my marriage. I'm also learning how to love and serve my family better now; that's always helpful.

Once I finish that book, I plan on finishing Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs, finally starting His Needs Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr., and re-reading Every Man's Battle by Arterburn & Stoeker, and Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey. I know these books may sound boring to some of you, especially if there are younger readers of my blog, but these books are exactly what I need right now.

I am also in the process of reading through the Bible in a year again. This year, my translation of choice is the English Standard Version (ESV). My in-laws bought my wife and me matching ESV Study Bibles for Christmas last year and they have been extremely helpful to us in our walk with Christ. I've also been more interested in the Holman Christian Standard Bible and the New Living Translation this year.

How about you? What books are you reading or planning on reading? What Bible translations are you liking these days?

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

No comments: