Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Feeding Jesus

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." ~ Jesus

Today, we have an opportunity to help feed the hungry. My blogging friend, Trey Morgan, is involved with a ministry in Santa Ana, Honduras called "Feed the Dump People." There are so many people in Santa Ana, and all over the world, whose only source of possible nourishment is the garbage that is left over from others' meals. These people are filthy, smelly, barely clothed, and beautiful because they, like the rest of us, are image-bearers of God. Check out Trey's blog when you get a chance and do what you can to pitch in. This is a perfect opportunity to feed Jesus!

http://www.treymorgan.net/2009/05/feed-dump-people-day.html

Peace, Love, and Food for the Hungry

No comments: