Monday, April 20, 2009

Total Ripoff!

I've been reading Josh Graves' blog for a little while now and I really enjoy it. I enjoy it so much, as a matter of fact, that I'm gonna totally rip his idea off and do a survey blog. I started to copy his idea completely and ask the question, "What are your top five sports cities?" but I thought of a question that would be fair to Josh and his readers, and fun for me and my readers (or at least for me). Josh, if you're reading this, please forgive my theft of a brilliant idea! And if you're not reading this, I guess it doesn't matter, anyway! :-) Hoping to get some good input, so I'll encourage all of you to post comments.

What are your top five music artists? This includes solo artists, bands, vocal groups, orchestras, jazz ensembles, or any other artists that come to mind. Here are mine:

5. Acappella
4. The Temptations
3. Tower of Power
2. Take 6
1. Bobby McFerrin

Now, understand that this is an extremely challenging list for me to write because there are so many artists that I love for so many different reasons. I'll explain my choices in a later blog.

Your turn!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, here goes

1) Robin Brannon(absolutely LOVE him! I dont believe this being partial.. i know great talent when i hear it!)

2) Acappella (above still applies)

3) Nat King Cole

4) Yolanda Adams

5) The Temptaions (especially with The Funk Brothers in "My Girl")

TREY MORGAN said...

Rip off blog posts are some of the best :)

I'm going to have to give some thought to my favorite top 5 ... but you guys (Acappella) would certainly be at the top of my Christian music ... :)

Josh Graves said...

Third Day
Temptations
Ray Charles
Bruce
U2

Robin said...

Baby,

You're sweet to me! I guess I should've named The Funk Bros but I only had 5 spots. I love you now!

Trey,

Do like I didn't do and take your time. Fortunately, there won't be any major melt-downs if you choose wrong! I kid! I kid!

Josh,

Formidable list, my friend. I wanted to put Ray on the list, and I probably would've on a different day. That's just what I was feeling at the moment. And I'm totally feeling the U2 love!

I'm a little surprised I haven't heard from more people by now. I mean, it's been a whole week, for goodness' sake! Ah, well. Could be worse...