Thursday, May 28, 2009

Celebration! 100 Posts And Counting...

Well, I finally made it to my 100th post on this blog spot! I've been racking my brain over the last several days trying to decide what I would write on this post (Really, what do people typically do to celebrate a milestone like this?). Actually, I had been thinking about waiting until my birthday to post it, but I decided that would simply take too much time between posts. Instead, I decided to write about some of my favorite people in the world, my family.

A few weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to take Steph and Gabby to Texas for the first time to meet my parents. While we were there we were able to have a little reception at the University Church building (where I was a member for eleven years before moving to Nashville) in honor of Stephanie's and my marriage, my dad's 90th birthday and my graduation (finally) from WTAMU!


I would have, and should have, written about this right after it happened if I had had better pictures, but I haven't gotten them yet. I hope to get them soon. Until then, I'll have to use what I have, which isn't very good at all (I'll exchange them once I get the good ones in).


B.C. Brannon - one of the greatest men I've ever had the priviledge of knowing. It's a trip to think that anyone would still have the desire to do work at the age of 90. My dad has told me on more than one occaision that he wants to preach until he can't preach anymore. By then, it'll be time for him to be with Jesus. He hasn't preached as a 90-year-old yet, thanks to pneumonia, but if the Lord so wills him to see October 5, and to preach again, he will have been preaching for 68 years! Most of my friends' parents aren't even 67 years old and my dad has been preaching that long. That's dedication! That's passion! That's honor! That's God inhabiting every fiber of his being! That's why he's my hero!

JoNell Brannon - After my mother died in 1989, I thought I would never have a mother again. Five years later, I was proven wrong. Dad showed up at WT one fall day of my freshman year and told me he was headed to see my "new mom." JoNell has been nothing short of a blessing to me since she married Dad. So much so that I call her Mom. I must mention, though, that I was encouraged by a very wise man to call her Mom instead of JoNell because in certain African cultures (from which I come) there is no step-mother, aunt, grandmother. There is only mother. Therefore, JoNell is my mother and I'm proud of that!


Stephanie Brannon - If you had asked me early last year if I thought I would be married with a child by this time, I most likely would have laughed until I couldn't stand up straight anymore! God seems to change people's plans from time to time before they even know their plans have been changed. Steph has been an answer to a prayer I'd been praying for quite a long time. I'm grateful to be married to such a beautiful, wonderful woman of God!

Gabrielle Nelson - It seems like just yesterday that we had a 10-year-old little girl who was excited about starting 6th grade in a few months. That's because it was just yesterday. Gabby turned 11 today and we treated her to a nice homemade breakfast, balloons, and presents. Isn't she adorable at 7:15 in the morning?



So, as you might have guessed by now, I am madly in love with my family and I'm so glad God put them in my life and me in theirs. What can I say? I'm blessed!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have YOU!
We love you!!!!