Monday, July 06, 2009

Another Day, Another Legend

There's a lot happening in our world right now. We as Americans are dealing with war, economic woes, family destruction, you name it. We recently celebrated 233 years of hard-earned freedom in America. At the same time, life, and death, was still happening. And now, we mourn the loss of another well-recognized soul, Steve "Air" McNair.

McNair was one of my favorite quarterbacks of all time. He played with heart, grit, and an iron will. He would not let anything keep him down. He was determined to be the very best in each of his 13 seasons. He broke records in college. He lost the Super Bowl by a yard (I'm still not over that). He was co-MVP. He was a winner.


Despite all his accolades, he struggled like everyone else. I won't speculate about the young woman who died with him. I won't speculate about the relationship between the two of them. What I will say is that I'm sad for his wife and kids. I'm sad for all the young fans who looked to him as a role model. I'm sad for those of us who admired his charity work and all the things he did for the community.

At the same time, it is heavy on my heart that so many young men and women are still fighting and dying for the freedom that we Americans hold so dear. They all have my utmost respect and encouragement, as do their families. I have friends fighting in the war as well. These warriors are so young and full of life. I hate to hear when another one has made the ultimate sacrifice. Their courage will always astound me. May God bless our troops!



Let us be in sincere prayer for all image-bearers of God to bear His image honorably and produce the fruit of righteousness and peace.

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: