Friday, November 16, 2007

BRASIL: day 8 - Hora de dormir (Time to sleep)

[November 5, 2007] My sleeping patterns are getting worse. Those of you who know me know that's a bad thing for me to deal with. I'm not feeling so well today. I went to bed around midnight after a very long day and fell asleep fairly quickly. I woke up, though, to go to the bathroom at 3:00 and didn't fall asleep again until nearly 4:30. We had a 6:15 lobby call this morning so I was up before 6:00. I may or may not have gotten 4.5 hours of sleep. That's really unacceptable for me, and especially after a crazy concert.

Everything irritated me this morning. People being loud, people being repetitive, people being repetitive, people repeating themselves, people singing the same annoying song over and over and over and over and people oversleeping and making us late to the airport. We did make it onto the plane after some frustration though. Zac G. had to leave his football behind and have it deflated and put on a plane to Belem because they said it might explode from the pressure. More annoyance. I was ready to punch people...but I didn't.

We took the shortest flight I've ever taken, though. Apparently it only takes twenty minutes to get from Goiania to Brasilia. We made up that time with a two-hour flight to Belem, so it kinda equaled out.

It's hot here! When we arrived at noon it was 93 degrees and humid. I guess that makes sense since we're in the Amazon River Basin. Our promoter for this concert (Martins, pronounced Marcheens) found out that we haven't been resting much so he canceled our interviews for today. Sweet!

So we rested at the missionary school where we're staying. Some guys played soccer, some swam, some slept, some caught up on blogs. We ate dinner with some of the faculty and staff, then some of our people went on a tour of downtown Belem. It has been a restful day. We all needed it. It also helps the attitudes. Those of you who have worked or lived with other people know how easy it is to get on each other's nerves. The same applies here. We are human just like you. We bicker and nag and ruffle each other's feathers and life goes on. Those of you who are praying for us, keep it up. We can't make it without God's help and your prayers only speed that help along.

Tomorrow is concert number three. Belem is home to around 1.3 million people who have no idea what to expect. All we know is that they love Acappella. All they know is that we are here. I think it's gonna be wild...again. We'll make it but it'll be tough.

Well, it's bedtime again, kids. Say your prayers and get good rest. Have a bom dia tomorrow. We'll do the same!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: