Friday, November 16, 2007

BRASIL: day 16 - Ultima Concert em Curitiba (Last Concert in Curitiba)

[November 13, 2007] The madness is finally over! It has been a great trip, but it's time to go home. We had a great day today. We left Sao Paulo around 11:00 this morning and we arrived in Curitiba around noon. We ate lunch at another vegetarian restaurant where we met the promoter of the entire trip, Juvenal. He's a super sweet, kind man and we were honored to meet him. We owe him so much gratitude for bringing us here. After lunch, we rested for a few hours and then met across the street from the hotel at the auditorium for sound check. The concert went off without a hitch. The crowd loved it and we did too. it was Marcheens' last concert with us, as well as Anderson's. It was also Corey Callis' last concert to do lighting for us. We hope to get to work with all those guys again very soon. it was a pretty emotionally-charged night.

The coolest thing happened after the concert. As we were being led to the meet-n-greet area, I heard someone yelling "Peanut! Peanut!" There are only a certain few people who know me as Peanut (love y'all and miss y'all so much!), so I was a little confused. I looked over and found the person yelling and gave him a high five. I didn't recognize the guy but he introduced himself later. He said "I know Lori Beth from orphanage. My name is Ruy!" I was in shock a little bit. It was the coolest thing to meet someone who knows someone I'm so close to. It's such a small world. Last night I met the sister-in-law of one of my friends in Portland, and tonight I meet someone who knows my Peaches, Punkum, and Priscilla! Good times!

So after meet-n-greet, we went to the pizza restaurant next door to our hotel and ate a great meal. We hung out for a while and then it was bed time. This is the first blog of this trip that I didn't have to write in my notebook first. Praise God for that! Saves me a lot of time and effort.

Tomorrow, shopping in Curitiba, flying back to Sao Paulo, then Nash Vegas, here we come! I can't wait to talk to you guys again. I can't wait to sleep in my bed again! I'm gonna get a little rest now. I love you and miss you and hope to see you very soon!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: