Friday, November 16, 2007

BRASIL: day 13 - Concert em Belo Horizonte (Concert in Beautiful Horizon)

[November 10, 2007] What a great time to take a "no complaining" pact. There were so many things I could've complained about, but, thank God, I choose not to. Instead, I kept my attitude positive and am going to bed happy.

We got to sleep in this morning, which was awesome. We ate lunch at the same restaurant we had dinner last night. It's amazing how a place is transformed when there are no huge crowds of people and booze and plumes of smoke billowing all over the place. After a very tasty lunch, we had a couple hours down before we left for the venue. I took a nap.

When I woke up I had no voice. I had been dealing with some sinus drainage and that annoying cough for a few days, but I didn't realize it would affect me so suddenly and drastically. I was fine when I fell asleep thirty minutes earlier. I had my first big choice of the day. Would I freak out and try to fix it myself or would I trust God and relax, knowing it would be okay? I chose the latter and I'm so glad I did. I went on vocal silence, except when I had to talk for the interview we did, and for sound check. The interview was a little weird and a lot silly, but it was fun and we knocked it out pretty quickly. Sound check was a little longer than normal but we made it through that too. After a shortened rest in the bunk houses we used for dressing rooms, which were a bit of a walk from the auditorium, I shared yesterday's blog with the gang. I never had anyone formally join me in the pace, but I did get some good feedback and the morale was better when devo ended.

So, we changed our batteries in our mics and monitors, only to realize that they were the wrong type (non-alkaline) and we had to scramble to get them changed again before going on stage. We made it, though. Some monitors were lost in the ordeal, but the audience loved us and we loved all 1000 of them. God gave me the voice I needed and then some. The concert went well (even with technical difficulties) and the promoter had dinner served for us at the venue before our thirty-minute drive back to the hotel. Zac and I have been cutting up and having a good time tonight. Now it's bedtime, and I'm so happy because I've kept a good attitude all day and it has paid off. It's midnight. Lobby call is 4:15 AM. Good night!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: