Tuesday, March 13, 2007

EUROPE: Day 8 (Montreux, Switzerland)

My trip has been officially completed today. I mean, we've been to Florence, sang for people of all ages there, seen priceless art there and in Rome, Saw the foundation of what was once the most powerful city in the world. I even got to see my dear friend whom I haven't seen in ages.Well, today was the capper for me. We drove into Montreux today and I learned that things in Europe are much different than in the States. For example, I went to get a refill on my drink and learned that it cost about three bucks American for about 8 ounces of Coke. That's insane!

That's not what made my trip complete, though. You see, Montreux is known for this little event called the Montreux Jazz Festival. The festival is held in a few different venues, one of which is Stravinski Hall . Some of the world's most innovative and timeless music legends have played that stage. Names like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, and now Acappella. That's right. We played Stravinski Hall, home of the Montreux Jazz Festival!!! We performed on the same stage as Herbie Hancock and Tower of Power (one of my favorite bands of all time) and I know this because we signed a giant book afterward that was started last year and we found Herbie and T.O.P. back-to-back in the same book. My hand has written in the same book as Herbie Hancock?! Are you kidding me?!

I don't remember much about the concert except that it was packed on the ground floor with close to 1000 people who called us back for two encores and wanted more. Too bad we ran out of songs. There were people from all over at the concert. We even had guests all the way from Spain who flew in just to see our concert! What an amazing experience. God is way too good to me. I'll never fully understand why.

Tomorrow, the final concert of our tour, Zurich. Oh yeah, Phillipe told us that the Winterthur concert got moved to Zurich, so that's that. Pray today, tomorrow, and always.

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey

If You "don't remember much about the concert" I can tell You: IT WAS REALLY GREAT!
See some pictures here: http://www.senklo.ch/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=AcaM07