Tuesday, March 13, 2007

EUROPE: Day 10 (On my way, on my way, on my way home...)

The last early morning for us for a few days and it feels nice! It's been an incredibly long day, though. We had to be ready to go at 7:00 this morning, Swiss time (1:00 AM in Texas) so we could get to the airport and get checked in on time. We made it with no problems and plenty of time to do some last minute shopping. Phillipe got us there and took good care of us, making sure we were all situated before he left. We will miss him terribly, but we look forward to the time when we get to see him again. Keep him and his family in your prayers. He's a great man of God.

The flight from Zurich to Dallas is way long! After spending about eleven hours on the plane, we landed in Dallas at about 4:15 this afternoon. We went through customs, claimed our bags, rechecked our bags, and had over 2 hours to wait before getting on our plane to Nashville. We landed in Nashville at about 9:40 tonight which, after doing the math (and if you know me, you know how I feel about math), meant that we spent over 18 hours getting from our hotel to our own beds...Jordan calls it a "thirty-hour day."

What a day! What a trip! What an experience! I doubt I will ever forget the way this trip has changed my life. I will try to share that later (after I've had a chance to rest and reflect) but it's bed time now. I hope you've enjoyed this trip as much as I have. Just because we're back doesn't mean you can stop praying, though. Pray without ceasing!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: