Sunday, October 31, 2010

COPING MECHANISMS

One of the worst parts of this past few weeks is figuring out how to cope. I am blessed beyond blessed to have a wife and daughter who have been so supportive and caring as I grieve for Dad. Now it's my turn to be supportive and caring while we grieve for the baby. I feel honored to say I provide some sense of strength and comfort for my family, but it's really not me providing that. It's God working through me. Either way, I'm trying to figure out the best ways to get through a time like this.

So far, I have come up with reading (especially Scripture), prayer, talking with family and friends who have been through the same types of situations, listening to uplifting & comforting music, reading, prayer, spending time with good friends who come to visit, singing (which is tougher to do when your heart is mangled like mine), reading, prayer, watching good movies, writing, and reading ... and prayer. I'm seriously considering training for a marathon, too. Otherwise, that's all I got.

What coping mechanisms do you suggest?

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

1 comment:

Tim H said...

How about a long walk, hand in hand through a park, with your wife.