Tuesday, September 07, 2010

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION: Part 2

Arkansas: The Natural State. I spent quite a bit of time in Arkansas this summer - more than usual, anyway. It was for a good reason, though. Acappella got to sing as part of Uplift at Harding University in Searcy, AR. Uplift is a three-week event in which three different groups of campers converge on the Harding campus for a week at a time to learn more about Jesus, grow in their faith, and fellowship with other high school and junior high kids from all over the place. Since we were allowed to perform all three weeks, we got to travel back and forth three times from Oklahoma.

We had just returned from Tennessee visiting my in-laws for Gabby's birthday (can you believe she's twelve now?!?!) and Gab decided to stay there with the fam while Steph and I spent the next three weeks in OK. Zac and Lacey George invited Steph and me to their parents' house in Arkansas for a couple days before the first Uplift concert. We got to spend some great bonding time with the George family, and I got to do something I hadn't done in about five years. I GOT TO PLAY DRUMS!!!
(here's a sample)

Anyway, we ended up doing the Uplift concerts and they were tons of fun! Maybe I'll get to talk about them in depth sometime. Until then, I guess you'll have to settle for boring stories about our boring travels. It's always boring!

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

No comments: