Sunday, December 20, 2009

MY SISTER'S KEEPER

Steph, Gabby and I watched a fantastic movie today - "My Sister's Keeper".
What a tear-jerker! Of course, I wasn't crying, but the girls surely let the tears flow! If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend that you do.

The movie brought to mind several questions:

How would I react if my child had a terminal disease like leukemia?
Would I do everything in my power to keep my child alive, or would I let the Lord take my child without a fight?
Would I have a "test-tube baby" so I could have "spare parts" (bone marrow, rare blood-type, kidneys, etc.) for my sick child?
Would I allow my selfish nature to dictate the way I treat other people, especially my family?

Then I thought to myself, "Don't I act that way about my selfish desires anyway?" Thankfully, it's not about my sick child. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other things over which I act selfishly and really need to stop. There are plenty of other things over which I disregard the feelings of other people for my own gain. There are plenty of other things over which I lose my ever-lovin' mind!

These are the things for which I truly need God's grace. Fortunately, and undeservedly, He has already given that grace to me and to you; grace in the form of a man - Jesus. And I am forever grateful!

Have you noticed God speaking to you in unique ways (e.g. movies, friends, books, road signs, etc.)

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

1 comment:

ashley said...

I want to see this movie so bad!