Tuesday, December 22, 2009

GOOD READING

As you may or may not know, I like to read different blogs, books, articles, and all kinds of other stuff. I want to share some of the things I'm reading in hopes that you might be encouraged by something on the list.

I recently finished reading More Than Enough by Dave Ramsey and it has totally changed my thought patterns about money management. Great book for those who are financially stable, financially destitute, and everyone in-between.

Before that, I read Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs, which is changing (for the much better) the way I try to give my love she desires and deserves. If you're married (husbands and wives both), this is a must-read-and-do!

I just came across this post from Compassion International's blog that I found to be very uplifting.

I'm nearing the end of Every Man's Battle by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker. I read it about three years ago and found it to be some of the best artillery available in the battle for sexual purity. Now that I've been married for nearly a year, I felt it necessary to refresh my memory and take every measure possible to love my bride better. I highly recommend this book to every man who has ever in his life struggled with sexual sin. Of course, there are books in the "Every Man" series geared for all generations of men and women. Please, if you value your family and the future of God's people, read this book and put its principles into practice. When it's all said and done, you will be more than glad you did.

On hold, I have Lord, Save Us From Your Followers by Dan Merchant, which has also been made into a movie. I have read the first couple of chapters and plan on finishing it within the next couple of weeks. It's thought-provoking to say the least. So far, I'm really convicted to try to love people more like Jesus would instead of the way I would. I'm diggin' it!

I plan on sharing other good reads when I get the opportunity. Hope you will check out some or all of these suggestions.

Have you read anything good lately?

Peace, Love, and Dark Chocolate

1 comment:

ashley said...

we're reading Love and Respect next month in our small group. Glad to hear that it's good!