Monday, September 07, 2009

Laboring On Labor Day

I pray everyone has had a wonderful Labor Day today. Ours, considering some of the financial muck we're wading through right now, was truly blessed. We got to live another day and attempt to make it the best today we could make it. Gab got to hang out with Mikayla a lot today. Steph had to go to classes but didn't have any life-threatening homework. I didn't have to go to work today... mainly because I don't have a regular job yet, but I know that will change soon. Maybe this is God's way of saying to take a little Sabbath today and not labor, but instead, trust him to provide everything we need. I have every confidence that God will make the right job available at the right time. In Psalm 37:25, David says
"I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread."

There's something to be said about those of us who know God. He is always faithful and just. He always takes care of his children. He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. That's why Jesus instructed us to pray "Give us today our daily bread" (Matt. 6:11) and also, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matt. 6:34).

So, we pause to pray for those who don't have the priviledge of earning a living on this Labor Day, but we also provide this word of encouragement: don't lose heart. God is not finished working on you yet!

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

No comments: