Friday, January 16, 2009

Meet The Brannons



Hey Kids! I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to my new bride, Stephanie. She and I married on New Year's Day and I'd never seen her more beautiful! Absolutely radiant!!

Okay, enough gushing. It's been two weeks now, and things are good, but we are learning a lot about ourselves, each other, and marriage that we never imagined. Some people say marriage is easy. Some say it's super-difficult. Some view marriage as an obstacle or a burden. Some view it as a great challenge. I think it's all of the above (minus the obstacle / burden part, of course).

It's easy to be around the person you're in love with. It's super-difficult to change from being a selfish single person to a selfless married couple (it doesn't happen overnight). The challenge is learning to be completely selfless and fully devoted to your God and your spouse. It has been said that it takes couples about 9 or 10 years to learn complete selflessness. Well, I'm a guy, and I'm from Texas which makes me want to do things faster and better (thank you, testosterone), so I'm shooting for less than 5 years! We'll see how that works out for me.

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the luckiest woman on the PLANET! :)

& i love you