Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cha-ching!

Current Mood: frustrated

Okay, kids. I'm about fed up with money. I am in a terrible position with this money thing. I can't realistically get a good second job because of my ever-changing schedule, but I can't afford to live without a second job because I work for a ministry that doesn't pay very much. I know, some of you think "he's in Acappella. He gets paid pretty well." Yeah, not so much. I am not at liberty to discuss how much I get paid but I can tell you that it's not a lot. This is not a matter of whether or not I should be paid more from my current job. It's not even about my job or anything like that. It's about people who want my money and how I have nothing to give them.

Yes, I'm in the middle of a temporary financial setback but that's not the entirety of my issue. I am sick and tired of seeing all these people who have so much money that they don't know what to do with it or how to act. For example, Why are people like Michael Vick and Adam "Pac-Man" Jones in so much trouble with the law and the NFL? Because they got some money and started acting like they have no God-given common sense. They know better than to act foolish. Pac-Man knows he has no business in a wrestling ring. Vick knows dog fighting is just plain wrong. And would somebody please tell me why people like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richey are famous for doing nothing but being rich, spoiled, obnoxious, selfish little girls? Perhaps it's our fault as a society. We praise the rehab princes and princesses because they are "trying to get their lives together," while they walk out of the hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars rehab centers straight into their favorite bar and night club to get all juiced up enough to go for a nice, unsafe, drug-and-alcohol-influenced drive down the PCH into some innocent bystander's car...life. When will it end? How many people have to die for these folk to wake up and understand that there are more people who need the simple things in life that we americans constantly take for granted? How many cars, houses, restaurants, strip joints, designer clothes, or whatever other useless items of garbage do we need just to be happy or feel important? There's so much more to life than money or stuff. That's what we so often forget. IT'S JUST STUFF!!! We can't take it with us when we die. Even if we could, we couldn't do anything with it. It would simply go to waste. Wow. It's overwhelming to think how money (and life) gets squandered. Now do you understand my dispute with money?

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

Annabel said...

I hear you. I went back to teaching to make more money and have health insurance... but it's still barely enough to live on. Could you do some substitute teaching in the area? That would allow for a flexible schedule. Just a thought.