Friday, February 03, 2006

Good Times in Alabama

So we went to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Wednesday. We had such a good time and didn't want to leave the next day to come back to Nashville, but almost every good thing comes to an end. I say "almost" because I can think of one good thing that will never end...chocolate!!! (just kidding) We were hosted by Byron Sommerdahl, who put the acappella.com site together. He's a great guy and a humble servant for the Lord and we appreciate him and his hospitable church family. The concert was a lot of fun. We did a short worship set in the middle of the concert and found out that the University Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa is one singing church! They really sang well and God was truly glorified. We even set off the fire alarms in the church building. That was fun. Afterward, Byron took us to the Cypress Inn for some of the best catfish and smoked chicken I've ever eaten (and I know about some catfish and smoked chicken). We stayed at a luxurious hunting lodge complete with pool table, ping pong, 48" plasma tv and all kinds of other amenities. We hope to visit Tuscaloosa again soon. Next stop, Alpharetta, Georgia and then back to Florida.
By the way, our upcoming album went to mastering this morning. We are so excited about the release of this album we can barely hold it in. I urge you, if you can find a way to make it to Nashville on March 11th, please do so. The "Quiet the Stones" concert at the Madison Church of Christ is going to be on fire! We're anxiously awaiting the day when we can hand people copies of our voices together for the first time. Hope to see you there!

Psalm 100

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Everybody!
Thanks for all your concern and prayers. It really means a lot to me to know that there are prayer warriors who are fighting for someone as unworthy as I. Thank God for His matchless grace! Sorry you haven't been able to see your comments posted until now. I forgot that I set the comment moderator. That's no longer the case so you and I can see the comments that have been made and will be made in the future. May God bless you richly and I hope to see you all in Madison on March 11th.
By the way, is there some kind of ball game on tv tomorrow? I heard there was but I don't know much about it (just kidding). GO TEAM!!!

Jonathan Oldacre said...

Hi Robin,

I used to listen to Acapella like crazy before I was a Christian (funny, hun!), and actually, the day God saved me, I drove to the local Christian bookstore and picked up an Acapella CD. I remember listening to the song called "Love is the Power" and for the first time in my life I cried tears of joy as I heard Acapella sing about the Savior, Jesus Christ, and His work on the cross that took away my sin.

Anyway, I just got home from leading a Bible study on the UT campus, and I was looking around on iTunes, and I thought, "I wonder if acapella is on iTunes?" Sure enough you guys are!

I just thought your group would like to know how that song affected me on April 22nd (i think) 2003 when God radically converted me and gave me joy in Him. Thanks!

Also, I was curious, what kind of church do you guys attend? What kind of theology do you enjoy?

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Austin here. I just wanted to say that it has been simply amazing watching how God has led your life. I know he has influenced me as well as countless others, through you. I just want you to know, i got your back man. Oh, and i noticed that yall are coming to sing at Southern Hills here in Abilene on Feb. 25th. Call me when yall get in town, i unfortunatly have a formal to go to for our Club that night, but i would love to hang out with ya if we can find the time. May God continue to bless you and give you peace.

In Grace and Peace,
~Austin Basye (806).655.6465
atb03a@acu.edu