Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cold Sunshine

Ahh, sunny Florida! When you go to a state to the south of you and it takes several hours to even reach it's border, you can expect it to be warm, right? Not this time. This trip to Florida turned out to be quite a bit colder than we bargained for. I guess it really is winter all across the country. This trip was quite the trial for our bodies. We remembered how much Satan tries to do to stop us from doing our godly duty. We started out the trip with Jordan being sick as a dog (no offense intended for dog owners) and barely able to stand up, much less sing a whole concert. Although we didn't know if he would make it through the day, God reminded us how good He is and gave JHouse the strength to perform the first 3 concerts with no worries. God is good! The bug hit us again, however. After Miami, we had a day off in which we drove to Tampa and spent the night. Thanks to Dan and all the folk who hooked us up there. We were pampered by all the gracious folk who put us up in their homes while we were on the road and to those folk we say a heart-felt thanks! Unfortunately, as JHouse got better, Zach "Z-dub" Wilson got sick. He was the only healthy one when we left Nashville Wednesday. It was interesting to see that he turned out to be the only really sick one when we got home. God is still good! He helped Z-dub to get through 2 grueling concerts and he is feeling better daily. Praise God! We had some "repeat customers" at a few of the concerts. We're so glad you think we're cool enough to want to see us twice in a week. I know there was one guy who followed us from Gainesville to Miami which were back-to-back evenings and about 6 hours apart from each other. We also had some folk meet us in Clearwater who saw us in Gainesville, and a few wonderful people who had seen us in Tampa last month came to Winter Garden. We got some real troopers here! I think Gainesville really likes us. I've spoken to a few people on my "myspace" site (myspace.com/rbrannon) who are coming to the big cd release/dvd shoot/ benefit concert in Nashville next month and they're from Gainesville too. That just makes me smile! I hope to see lots of you there. I also hope to see a bunch of my favorite people in Texas next weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I expect to see people I know at Abilene and Seminole. If you know me and you live anywhere close to Redwater (Texarkana), I expect to see you there too. Remember God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROBIN>>> YOU NEED TO SANITIZE THE VAN>>>> GET IT DONE>>>> DONT" BE SICK>.. you are the man

Robin said...

I'll leave that to the Minister of Transportation, ZACH WILSON!!!!! It's not my job. I'm just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen any of the past Aca folks on the ROad yet... or even soundmen, or lightmen... ? and which have been the most personal?

Robin said...

On my very first trip with Acappella, we met (and were hosted by) Tim Tripp who sang high tenor with His Image, which was the precursor group to Acappella. Tim is a great guy and was a gracious host for us while we were there in Cincinatti, OH/Covington, KY. When I auditioned for Acappella, I got to meet Duane Adams. He's a worship minister at the Amarillo South Church. I'd been to that church before to worship but I'd never had an opportunity to meet Duane. Turns out that he's an incredible worship and truly a man of God. His heart is just wide open, waiting for God to use it and fill it up with His presence. I got to meet Sean Samuel the day before I started, which was his last concert with the group. He's a very special guy and I know God has some huge plans for him and Nic Dunbar, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at a big youth minister's conference here in Nashville. They're both highly talented and outstanding brothers. We also saw Sean this past Monday in Winter Garden, FL (right outside of Orlando) and spent some good quality time sharing stories with him. Of course, we work very closely with Keith Lancaster and his family. Keith is an annointed brother who daily shows his dedication for the Lord. He definitely has a gift! Other than that, I haven't met any other alumni yet. I'm excited to do so when that time comes but until then, we'll just keep pluggin' away!

Anonymous said...

is that very talented Soundguy still with you guys... i didn't catch his name but the guys called him "Kix" i think... he was the nicest man, also knew what he was doing. i think you guys should put him on stage with you and let him sing a song, he says he can't sing but if he works for Acappella, he should.... he was so dreamy! his wife is really lucky...

Anonymous said...

a good blog to check out is www.markhixson.blogspot.com

Robin said...

I don't know if that's a good blog or a bad dream! (ooh, burn)

Anonymous said...

o no, it is a wonderful blog... check it out...

Anonymous said...

hey man, it was great to see you guys the other night... stop by anytime... i'm praying for all of you, keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Hi!

My name is Aline Visentin, 19 years old, São Paulo, Brazil.
I don't speack english, he!he!, but I'm trying just to say that your music touched me.
I know God have a great plan in our lives. Saying ''our'' I want to say all people in God presence.
I can fell the Spirit of God in this songs... and I'm so happy becouse I know have a people who takes care about this. Is really wonderful to hear the songs, the voices, so harmonic, but the most important is fell God in them, and this touch my heart, and all hearts of who hear this songs.
The end is soon, and we hope to take the words of God to all people, and you do this. I do to, with my soul, but in a different form. Well, I said I don't know to speack and write in english, so I stop here.
I thank Gos becouse He created you all, and gave for you a gift... your voices.

I'm a little sister of you waitting just for a little answer... hehe!

God bless you a lot, I hope meet you some day, here in earth , or in heaven, ok? We will sing together to the Lord of lords! Ok? Kisses!

Have a nice day!

aline_visentin@hotmail.com