Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Road Before Us

It's Wednesday night before our first trip of the year and, in true Acappella fashion, we're going through lots of trials and transitions. It was announced today that Gary Evans has left the group. As a group, we are going to miss him terribly. Personally, I have grown to love him like one of my best friends. He's got the heart of a servant, he always gets the job done no matter what that job is. He's a warrior for the Lord (and he sings real good too). I'm gonna miss him like crazy. Fret not, however. The very talented and faithful Allen Brantley from Birmingham, Alabama has graciously stepped into the "bass-ment" to hold it down on the low end. Allen is a great guy and an awesome asset to the group. I want to ask that you all pray for Gary and his future endeavors, for Allen and his new position, and Acappella Ministries as we strive to spread God's word.
I need to add a couple more prayer requests to your lists if you don't mind. I received a phone call today with a message that Rosemarie Scott, my high school voice teacher, was found dead in her home yesterday. This comes as a huge surprise to everyone who knew her, especially my high school choir director, Johnny Miller. Mrs. Scott was like a mother to Mr. Miller and I know this is a devastating loss to him. Please pray for her family, Mr. Miller, and all her students. Pray a special prayer for the student(s) who found her yesterday. I'm sure they are traumatized.
The other request is for my dad, B.C. Brannon. Dad has been a preacher longer than most of my friends' parents have been alive. He was baptized by Marshall in the early 1940's and started preaching in October of 1943. Needless to say, he's seasoned. The prayer request is for his health. He's not feeling too great now. He has strange pains all over his body, he gets fatigued easily and he basically has no cartilage in his right knee. He is 86 years old and I often wonder how much longer he'll be around. I don't mean to bring everyone down. I'm just asking for prayer for him and my family.
On a happier note, we're doing our first road trip of the year this weekend. Florida, here we come! It's going to be a long weekend but it's definitely gonna be worth it. I'll try to get some pics and log them next week.
Eph. 2:8
Robin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin. Wow Gary was probably my favorite ever, but I'm sure y'all will be just as amazing without him. Sorry to hear about your Dad and old voice teacher. I'll be sure to keep you and the rest of the group in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin! Thanks for keeping us all updated. We hear your prayer requests.

Anonymous said...

Well it's good to see things are going well with you. I will keep you in my prayers along with your Dad. Have a safe trip to Florida and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Man, I can't believe that Gary is leaving Acappella. He is Acappella to me. When I first heard his voice I was amazed. He is the reason I'm such a big fan of Acappella. His talents were out of this world, and will be missed greatly. There is a lot of hope though, because you all are coming out with a new CD. I can't wait to hear it!!
I'm saddened to hear about your father. I will pray for you, for this and all the things you mentioned.

Christian Love,
Evan

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you my age. I am 16 years old from Kentucky, and would love to be a part of the Acappella Company some day. I have already recorded songs on my home computer. I really enjoy a cappela music.

Evan

Anonymous said...

Hello Robin. My name is Brent Lemieux, and I have always had a passion for God(1st and foremost)and Acappella's music. I'll be praying for your dad and your family.
In Christian Love,
Brent