Thursday, April 24, 2008

Prayer Time

This prayer has been on my heart for quite some time now. It can be found in Matthew chapter 6. You Bible scholars already know which prayer I'm referring to. Well, this is how I interpret the prayer. This is how I try to pray on a daily basis. I don't always succeed, but it's a good start. I also posted a link for you to see this prayer through the eyes of a child. Truly precious! I hope this blesses you as much as it has blessed me to work on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Father who art in heaven - Lord, Savior, King, Jehovah, Elohim, Abba, Daddy, God

Hallowed be Thy name - Your name is: Holy, Mighty, Wonderful, Worthy of all glory, honor and praise, Powerful, All-knowing, Compassionate, Righteous, Amazing, Counselor, Provider, Healer, Comforter, Love...

Thy kingdom come - Reign over me now, in this present time. Be in my life. Be real and relevant to me.

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven - Let the things I do in this life be a rehearsal for eternal life with You. May all my thoughts, words, actions be worship to You.

Give us this day our daily bread - Give me what I need for today, for right now, no more, no less.

Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors - I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. Please forgive me. I understand and accept that nobody else is perfect. Help me forgive those who have wronged me in any way. You did it for me. I want to show the same grace to others that You showed to me.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil - When I am tempted, as Jesus was, help me to be sinless and blameless as Jesus was. I know I will have daily opportunities to do what is right and what isn't. Help me to always choose the right thing. Deliver me, Lord.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever - You made all of this. You own it all. It is Yours and I am Yours. All glory, honor, power, praise, blessings, worship goes to You, not just now, but always, beyond the end of time.

Amen - Let it be so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4PQ30VkBk

Peace, Love, and Chocolate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks for the blog ... truly a blessing to me today. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for being such an awesome Christian example.

Blessings!