Monday, April 30, 2007

In need of your prayers

Hey guys, there have been some crazy things going on lately and I need to share them with you. First of all, my sister, Rahnee (the one in my pics) hasn't made herself available in quite some time and I haven't heard from her since April 6th. I've tried calling but can't get an answer and now her phone isn't working. She has 4 kids that she's raising by herself. She may be perfectly fine but she may be in trouble. If you're a praying person, and even if you're not, keep her and my family in your thoughts and/or prayers. I just want to know she's okay.

Also, I found out that one of my former students took her own life today. Her name is Kaylana Freeman and she was a student at Canyon High School. I'm not giving details, partially because I don't know them, moreso out of respect for her and her family. Please pray for her family and friends to find comfort in this tragedy. Kaylana was such a beautiful, talented, sweet, pleasant person and I will miss her terribly. Pray as though your life depended upon it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Robin

I got a chance to hear your group at Highland COC in Memphis, TN. I wanted to come over to let you know you that your songs really touched me because it was a sincere worship. It uplifted me the rest of the day.

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. It's never easy to lose someone. I will keep your sister and Kaylana Freeman's family in my prayers.

Please know that your group is touching and uplifting lives.

Your sister in Christ,
Erica

Anonymous said...

We will all be praying at CHS.
-Shayna

Anonymous said...

I’m Kaylana’s cousin – I’m really struggling to make sense of her death. I logically understand it, but emotionally I can’t reconcile it. Her family is so deeply sad – unlike any other feeling, it’s all-consuming. I wish I’d had a chance to tell her that there is life beyond high school – a wonderful life full of people yet to be met and celebrations yet to be had. Nothing is so great or so horrible that it can’t be overcome with faith and love. That sounds naïve and silly, but when everything is lost, there are always options. Rarely is anything an all-or-nothing situation. It’s still possible to go on, and there are new things waiting to be explored. I so wish she could have given life one last chance.

Anonymous said...

Kaylana was my best friend. it's really confusing because we talked on the phone 3 days before it happened and everything seemed fine but i guess it wasn't i will definantly keep nanis fam. and your sister and you in my prayers.
thank you