Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm Not Dead Yet!

So, for those of you who have been wondering why I haven't posted in a while, I'm really not sure. I've had a lot going on in my life lately. I guess I could write about everything that's been happening. That's a start.

Let's see, the road has been interesting. We're just getting to the point where our schedule is starting to regulate itself. This is possibly the first time since I moved to Tennessee that I feel fairly confident in my schedule. I know that I'm out of town most weekends and in town during the week, which is what we were supposed to have been doing since some time last year. It's nice to feel somewhat normal for once! This summer has been travel-crazy, though. Since our northwest tour, we've performed in Tennessee (four times), Kentucky, Arkansas (three times), Texas (and headed back soon...giddyup!!!), New York state (not the city, unfortunately), and West Virginia, as well as a much-needed break during 4th of July week. Lots of traveling in a short amount of time. That's what we do!

I've made a lot of new friendships and relationships recently. I've also been able to catch up with some old, dear friends. Praise God for that! In the midst of all the joy I've found in my friends and great relationships, I've had a lot of bad junk going on as well. Last week is a prime example. I have been dealing with all kinds of problems over the last month or so, and last week, they all started to cave in on me. First, my truck broke down. I haven't gotten it fixed yet but I hope to do so very soon. Then, I had to deal with more financial woes, partially because of the truck, partially because of other junk I can't even talk about. I had to go to a doctor on Thursday (with no insurance) because of a very infected rash on my arm that had begun to spread all over my body. He thinks it's either viral or bacterial but I haven't heard back from him yet. That's scary. It's getting better now, thanks to the stuff he gave me to put on it, but it's not over yet. Pray for me!

To top it all off, I spoke with my dad for the first time in a while and he gave me all kinds of bad news. He told me about having to drive to San Antonio, which is about 9 or 10 hours away from his home, to visit his brother who just had another heart attack. On his way there, he was pulled over for running two stop signs he didn't see. After his visit, he stopped to see a friend and got lost heading home. He ended up way out of his way (Hamilton, TX) and had to figure out how to get home. It was getting late and he was getting very tired. Sometime late that night, he got pulled over again! This time, the officer asked him how much he'd been drinking! He was so exhausted but he still had to keep driving. He finally stopped around dawn some time at my uncle's house. After sleeping for a few hours, he got up and started driving again. He had to make it home for a funeral. He was still an hour late.

The funeral was for my step-neice, Leandra, who was murdered by an unknown shooter. She lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but her body was found in New Orleans stripped of all identification and, I'm sure, money or anything of value. She was only 25 years old. Our family was rocked by this information, especially my step-sister, Kay, Leandra's mother. Please pray for my family as we grieve.

So, there's a look at my life as of late. Kinda crazy but that's the way it goes. I've been trying to make some big changes in my walk with Christ. Just when I get to my most vulnerable state is when the enemy attacks. I bet it's like that for everybody. When we're trying to do God's will things start going wrong by our standards. By God's standards, when we do his will, things work out for us on an eternal level. May your walk be blameless and pure as you strive to stay in His grip. Blessings until next time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry for all the stuff your going through Robina dn I'lll definately be praying for you. I hope you know that you have a lot of support and a lot of people praying.
luv
Becca
Isaiah 54:10

Anonymous said...

Acappella doesn't provide medical insurance for you guys? That's tough.